Our Earth-Friendly Policy
I am proud to say Enchanted Chocolate is wholly earth-friendly
- I use organic ingredients wherever possible
- The cacao comes from fairly traded sources in Peru and Guatemala
- I use heirloom cacao (criollo variety)
- Chocolate bars are wrapped in a biodegradable and compostable pouch * made of cellulose. The stickers are paper
- Chocolate miniatures and hearts are wrapped in aluminium foil, which you can recycle at home
- Ceremonial Cacao is packaged in biodegradable bags **
- No single-use plastic. The only hint of synthetic materials is in the organza gift bags and these are perfect for re-using at home, e.g. to store jewellery or wrap another gift
- Your chocolate is lovingly packaged in an eco-friendly cardboard parcel and sealed with recycled paper tape
- Your ceremonial cacao bag is packaged in a 'green' jiffy bag which is 100% recyclable
* More information on the chocolate bar cellulose pouches:
The cellulose in the pouch is derived from renewable wood pulp.
The cellulose pouch is fully biodegradable and compostable which means that it breaks down to CO2, H20 and biomass which can then be reused in the eco system to make new plants. This will happen in either in home or commercial composting but in commercial composting the temperature will be higher and the process is much quicker. In a colder home composter it will just take longer.
** More information on the biodegradable Ceremonial Cacao bags:
The resealable cacao bags are made from a combination of kraft paper, cellulose and starch film.
In composting conditions, they will degrade entirely within 10 weeks.